This is a compilation of some terminal commands I've found useful.
Before starting, I'd like to emphasize on a few things:
- You might want to understand the filesystem hierarchy in linux before you start.
- When you start terminal, your default working directory is /home/user-name
- If you want to get more info on any command, just type 'command-name --help' without the quotes in terminal.
- In this post, when I say 'type' something in terminal, it means 'execute it' by typing it and pressing enter.
- Whenever you want to end a looping command, for example, ping in terminal - press Ctrl + C.
Continue reading Start Using Linux - Basic Terminal Commands